Sorry, nothing in cart.
WHAT ARE AEROCORT ROTACAPS?
AEROCORT ROTACAPS is the a combination of two active substances called beclomethasone and salbutamol sulfate. This medicine is in a form of inhaling powder packed in the rotacaps.
Beclometasone belongs to a group of drugs that have an anti-inflammatory effect and reduce the irritation in the lungs.
Salbutamol belongs to a group of medicines that work by opening the respiratory tract and enables breathing.
AEROCORT ROTACAPS is used in patients for the treatment of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Do not swallow rotacaps. They can be used only with Rotahaler.
BEFORE YOU START USING AEROCORT ROTACAPS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW?
Do not apply AEROCORT ROTACAPS:
- if you are allergic to beclometasone and salbutamol sulfate
- if you have a lung infection caused by viruses
- if you are being treated or have ever been treated for tuberculosis
YOU SHOULD BE INFORMED ABOUT THE WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS :
- if you are taking corticosteroid tablets at the same time or you just finished taking the tablet corticosteroids within 1 week
- if you have heart problems, if you have recently had a heart attack, heart failure,
- if you have a heart rhythm disorder
- if you have high blood pressure
- if you have glaucoma
- if you have a hyperactive thyroid gland
- if you have an adrenal gland tumor
- if you have diabetes mellitus
- if you have prostate problems
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW ABOUT THE USE OF AEROCORT ROTACAPS WITH OTHER DRUGS?
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, recently taken or you could take any other
Medications, such as medicines for the treatment of:
- heart problems such as propranolol,
- heart rhythm disorders (quinidine, disopyramide, procainamide)
- depression other mental disorders
- allergic reactions (antihistamines)
- Parkinson’s disease (L-dopa)
- an insufficiently active thyroid gland (L-thyroxine)
- causing contractions of the uterus,
- the breathing support such as theophylline
- the treatment of heart disease (digoxin)
- the infection caused treated with a specific antibiotic (metronidazole)
WHAT ARE REFERENCES HOW TO USE MEDICINE DURING PREGNANCY, BREASTFEDING AND DRIVING?
AEROCORT ROTACAPS can be used at any time of the day, with or without food.
AEROCORT ROTACAPS should not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy. In the second and third trimester, you may only take AEROCORT ROTACAPS if your doctor has advised you so.
AEROCORT ROTACAPS should not be used during breastfeeding.
Management of vehicles and machines:
AEROCORT ROTACAPS does not affect or negatively affect your ability to drive or operate machinery
HOW TO DULY APPLY THE INHALATION WITH AEROCORT ROTACAPS?
AEROCORT ROTACAPS as a dry powder intended for the inhalation with Rotahaler.
The inhaled powder should be inhaled through the mouth into the lungs.
AEROCORT ROTACAPS are indicated for the initial treatment of the obstructive pulmonary disorder.
The usual dose of the drug in adults and children under the age of four:
The recommendation is to take 1 rotacap three or four times a day.
HOW SHOULD AN INHALATION WITH ROTAHALER BE PERFORMED?
Before first administering the drug, carefully follow the instructions:
- Check if the Rotahealer is undamaged
- Take one rotacap and place it in the appropriate hole on the Rotahaler
- Eliminate the powder from the capsule in the Rotahaler ‘s chamber
- Take a deep exhale and place the mouthpiece in the mouth
- Breath in slowly and deeply for ten seconds
- Afterward, hold your breath for a few seconds and slowly exhale
- Each time you use the inhaler, rinse your mouth and throat with water or wash your teeth to reduce your risk of fungal infections in the mouth and throat.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
As with all inhalation medicines, immediately following the administration of AEROCORT ROTACAPS, the following side effects may occur:
- lack of air, cough, shortness of breath and
- itching, rash or redness of the skin,
- swelling of the face, lips, eyes or throat, difficulty breathing,
- low blood pressure or unconsciousness.
- increased coughing or difficult breathing
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN MORE MEDICINE THAN NEEDED?
Contact a doctor immediately or go to the hospital.
IF YOU FORGOT TO TAKE AEROCORT ROTACAPS?
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Take it as soon as you remember-
IF YOU STOP USING AEROCORT ROTACAPS?
Do not lower your dose and do not stop using this medicine regularly, even if you feel better.