Sorry, nothing in cart.
FORACORT ROTACAPS are used to treat asthma in adults, adolescents, and children older than.
FORACORT consists of two active substances, formoterol, and budesonide.
Due to this combination FORMACORT’s acts like a bronchodilator and anti-inflammatory effect on the lungs.
Its effects are achieved by a reduction of swelling, inflammation, and irritation in the respiratory system.
This medicine can be administrated only by dry powder inhaler, Rotahealer.
WHAT ARE FORACORT ROTACAPS INDICATED FOR?
FORACORT ROTACAPS are indicated in
- chronic bronchitis
This drug is not suitable for patients with severe asthma.
- FORACORT ROTACAPS should be used every day. In this regime, the symptoms of asthma will be prevented.
- When they get asthma symptoms, these patients use an “inhaler to relieve symptoms,” and it helps to breathe again.
- b) Some patients are prescribed FORACORT ROTACAPS as the only medicine for asthma therapy
- FORACORT ROTACAPS is also used when they need an additional dose to relieve symptoms of asthma to breathe again.
YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION BEFORE USING FORACORT ROTACAPS IF:
- you suffer from diabetes
- you have a lung infection
- you have high blood pressure or if you have ever had heart problems (including irregular heart rhythm, high-speed pulse, narrowing of the arteries or heart failure
- you have problems with the thyroid or adrenal gland
- you have serious liver problems
WHAT OTHER HEALTH INFORMATION YOU SHOULD SHARE WITH A DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING THE TREATMENT?
Before starting the FORACORT ROTACAPS therapy, inform your doctor you are using one of the following medicines:
- drugs in the treatment of high blood pressure, such as atenolol or propranolol, including eye drops, such as e.g. timolol in the
- Medications for the treatment of glaucoma
- Medicines for the treatment of rapid or irregular heartbeats
- Drugs such as digoxin, a remedy often used to treat heart disease.
- Diuretics, medicines known as “drugs for the discharge of liquids from the body” (such as furosemide).
- Steroid medicines that you take orally (such as prednisolone).
- Other bronchodilators (such as salbutamol).
- Tricyclic antidepressants (such as amitriptyline) and antidepressant nefazodone.
- Drugs (such as ritonavir) for the treatment of HIV infection.
- Drugs for the treatment of infections (such as itraconazole, ketoconazole, voriconazole, posaconazole code
Medicine for therapy of fungal infections (clarithromycin and telithromycin)
- Medication for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease (such as levodopa).
- Medicines for the treatment of thyroid gland diseases (such as levothyroxine).
If any of the above applies to you, or if you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before you start using FORACORT ROTACAPS.
Also, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you need to receive general anesthesia due to surgical or dental interventions.
HOW TO USE FORACORT IN THERAPY OF ASTHMA?
- It is essential that you regularly use the FORACORT ROTACAPS every day even if you don’t have symptoms of asthma.
A dose of FORACORT ROTACAPS in asthma therapy:
The maximum dose is 800 mcg divided into an inhalation
Children from 12-18 years
The maximum dose is 400 mcg twice a day
Children over six years
The maximum dose is 200 mcg twice a day
FORACORT ROTACAPS dosage depends on how your medicine is prescribed depending on age and form of the disease.
The use of FORACORT ROTACAPS is not recommended for children under the age of 6 years.
ROTACAPSULES are not intended for oral use.
WHAT IS ROTAHEALER?
Rotahealer is a plastic medical device, used for inhalation of dry powder medicine.
The inhalation of medicine in the form of dry powder is very efficient for the treatment of small and distant airways in the respiratory system.
THE MANUAL OR FORACORT ROTACAPS APPLICATION:
Every time, before the administration of the medicine, you should check the Rotahealer.
Do not use it, if you notice any damages.
If you don’t follow the instructions for use correctly as advised, it is possible that the drug’s effect won’t be as expected.
WHAT ARE THE INSTRUCTION FOR APPLICATION?
- Place a capsule in the appropriate hole on the Rotahealer
- When the powder is released from the tablet, into the device’s chamber
- Exhale deep and don’t breathe again
- Place the mouthpiece of Rotahealer into the mouth
- Inhale the dust for around 10 seconds
- Hold your breath for a 4-5 seconds
- Before taking another dose, wait for a half of minute
- Rinse your mouth and face after application
- Avoid eye contact with the powder
DOES FORACORT THERAPY CAN CAUSE SIDE EFFECTS?
During the therapy with FORACORT, you can notice some side effects like:
- Palpitations (subjective feeling of a heartbeat), tremor (shaking) of the muscles.
- Candidiasis (fungal infection) of the oral cavity.
- Mild throat pain, coughing and cramping.
- A headache.
- Sleep disorder, a feeling of anxiety, nervousness or agitation (excitement)
- Fast heart rate
- Cramps in the muscles
- Blurred vision
- Improper heart function
- Rash, itching
- Bronchospasm (muscle cramping of the airways that leads to whistle in the lungs).
If the whistling occurs appears suddenly after the administration of FORACORT inhaler gets in touch immediately with your doctor
- Low blood potassium levels
- Improper heart function