Sorry, nothing in cart.
WHAT IS A WYSOLONE TABLET?
WYSOLONE is a medicine used in diseases requiring systemic treatment with glucocorticoids.
IN WHICH INDICATIONS WYSOLON IS PRESCRIBED?
WYSOLONE TABLET is indicated for the following conditions:
- Endocrine disorders, like adrenal insufficiency,
- Rheumatological disorders as chronic arthritic inflammation
- Systemic lupus erythematosus,
- Rheumatic fever with severe carditis,
- Obstructive lung diseases such as a bronchial asthma
- Crohn’s disease is an autoimmune inflammation of the lower parts of the digestive system
- Gastrointestinal disease, Ulcerative colitis,
- Hematological disorders
- Neoplastic diseases
- Renal inflammationGlomerulonephritis
- Multiple sclerosis
WHAT ARE KNOWN WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS?
Before starting a WYSOLONE therapy, you should inform yourself, if you have any of the conditions listed below: (a doctor can strictly control you, change the dose or give you another medicine):
- Bacterial infections, both acute and chronic
- viral infections such as hepatitis B, herpes zoster, herpes simplex
- inflammatory liver disease
- extensive fungal infection
- intestinal inflammation or an infection caused by free-living amebic
- poliomyelitis, the disease caused by a poliovirus
- peptic ulcer
- unregulated blood pressure
- eye injuries
- heart problems (heart failure);
- increased physical stress (e.g. injuries, surgery, other fever-related illnesses, childbirth).
HOW LONG DOES WYSOLON TREATMENT LAST?
If you are taking this medication for more than three months, your doctor will refer you to regular ophthalmologic examinations, analyses, and blood and blood pressure measurements.
The use in Children
Because of the risk of falling behind in growth, children can only be treated with this medicine if there are justified reasons for this with regular monitoring of their growth and height.
The doctor can control you more often, to see how you are taking medicine.
WHAT ARE WYSOLONE INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEDICINES?
The effect of other drugs on WYSOLONE medicine:
- Drugs that accelerate metabolism in the liver, such as some hypnotics and anticonvulsant drugs
- drugs against tuberculosis can diminish drug efficacy
- Medications that slow down the metabolism of the liver, such as some medicines to control fungal infections (e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole can increase the effects of WYSOLONE
- Ephedrine, which is present can be in drugs used for suppression of low blood pressure, chronic bronchitis, an episode of asthma, can reduce its efficiency;
- contraceptives may increase the effects of a drug
- Antacids that regulate gastric acid should be taken in a time distance of a minimum of 2 hours
- Some medicines may increase the impact of WYSOLONE and if you are making such medicines including medication for HIV infection
SHOULD WYSOLONE BE USED DURING PREGNANCY AND BREASTFEEDING?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think that you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, contact your doctor for advice before then you take this medicine.
WYSOLONE should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding, unless it is necessary, which will evaluate your physician.
Prednisone passes into breast milk.
Although harmful effects on infants have not been reported, the WYSOLONE could be applied if there are justified reasons.
CAN WYSOLONE BE USED DURING VEHICLE AND MACHINE HANDLING?
To date, there is no evidence of the effects of WYSOLONE on the ability to drive and use machines.
WHAT IS THE METHOD OF WYSOLONE APPLICATION?
Tablets should be taken after a meal, preferably during or after breakfast, with a sufficient amount of water.
Your doctor can tell you to take your dose at once, share it during the day, or take it every other day.
HOW IS WYSOLON ADMINISTRATED IN THE POPULATION UNDER 18 YEARS?
Corticosteroids in WYSOLONE can affect the growth of children so the doctor will prescribe the lowest effective dose for children.
An indication and duration of treatment depend on the course of the disease and the patient health status.
IF YOU HAVE TAKEN MORE MEDICINE THAN PRESCRIBED?
If you accidentally take more medication than you should, contacting your doctor immediately can cause severe hormonal disbalance.
If you forget to take WYSOLONE medication
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
If you forget to take a single dose, take it during the same day and continue the next day
If you forget to take several doses, the disease can be restored or get worse. In this case, contact your doctor, who will check and, if necessary, apply a new dosing scheme.
If you stop taking WISOLONE?
Do not stop taking medicine without consulting with your doctor.