Sorry, nothing in cart.
WHAT ARE MAXIFLO ROTACAPS?
MAXIFLO ROTACAPS medicine, in a form of dry powder, is used as a symptomatic therapy to prevent and alleviate the symptoms of asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
The symptoms related to asthma or COPD are coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath or tightness in the chest.
MAXIFLO ROTACAPS is not indicated for the acute asthma attacks.
In this case, you will need to use a fast acting cure to relieve these symptoms.
BEFORE START USING MAXIFLO ROTACAPS INFORM YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU HAVE:
- you have or you have had tuberculosis in the past.
- a persistent cough, followed by mucus with blood, fever, fatigue, loss of appetite, weight loss and night sweats;
- lung or thoracic infections;
- irregular heart rhythm
- high blood pressure;
- thyroid hyperfunction,
- reduced adrenal function
- liver function disorder.
CAN MAXIFLO ROTACAPS BE USED WITH OTHER MEDICINES?
Before starting the therapy, inform your doctor or pharmacist about all the medicines you are taking, which you have recently taken or that you may be using. If you use this inhaler together with other medicines, the effect of the inhaler or other medication can be changed.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking the medicines for:
- heart rhythm disorders
- allergic reactions
- high blood pressure
- depression or mental disorders
- psychiatric or mental disorders (antipsychotics)
- fungal infections
- viral infections including HIV
- bacterial infections – antibiotics
- decreased thyroid function
WHAT ARE RECOMMENDATION FOR USE OF MAXIFLO ROTACAPS DURING PREGNANCY, LACTATION, DRIVING, AND HANDLING THE MACHINES?
Before starting with the therapy with MAXIFLO ROTACAP, inform you pulmonologist.
Your doctor will advise whether or not to use this medicine.
Driving and using machines
It is unlikely that this medicine will affect your ability to drive or to handle the machines.
HOW IS MAXIFLO ROTACAPS PRESCRIBED?
MAXIFLO ROTACAPS should use be taken regularly as prescribed.
The usual dosage protocols are:
- Adult: 100-250 mcg twice daily, up to 500-1,000 mcg twice daily in severe cases.
- Chronic severe asthma: 500-2000 mcg twice daily.
- COPD: 500 mcg twice daily.
THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE APPLICATION?
MAXIFLO ROTACAPS are used only with Rotahealer.
Using the MAXIFLO ROTACAPS with the Rotahealer increase the efficacy of medicine especially in the small airways.
ROTACAPS are capsules filled with medicine in the form of powder.
Do not swallow the capsules.
Rotahealer is a plastic medical device, which is activated by inhalation.
- Place a capsule in the hole on a Rotahealer
- As capsule is opened and the powder is ready for inhalation
- Gently breathe out.
- Place a mouthpiece in between your lips
- Take a deep breath
- Hold your breath for 10 seconds.
- Resume normal breathing.
- After each use, throw away the empty capsule.
USEFUL ADVICES AFTER THE INHALATION:
If you take more medicine than prescribed?
It is important that you take the dose prescribed by your doctor.
In these circumstances, you can feel severe chest pain, high or low blood pressure, headache, muscle cramps, sleep disorder, nervousness, dry mouth, trembling, dizziness, weakness, fatigue.
Immediately inform your doctor about the condition.
If you forget to use MAXIFLO ROTACAPS?
If you have forgotten to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Do not double your next dose to replace omitted dose.
If you stop using MAXIFLO ROTACAPS?
It is very important that you use this inhaler every day according to your doctor’s advice, even if you feel better.
WHAT ARE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
As with other inhalers, your breathing may deteriorate immediately after using the inhaler.
If this happens, stop using the MAXIFLO ROTACAPS inhaler and use it your fast-acting relief inhaler. Contact your doctor immediately.
- Asthma exacerbation.
- A headache.
- Irregular heart rhythm or heart pounding.
- Sleep disorder
- Changes in voice/hoarseness.
- Dry mouth, sore throat or irritation.
- Soor and other fungal infections in the mouth and throat.
- Inflammation of the sinuses (sinusitis).
- Fast heartbeat.
Chest pain in connection with heart disease.
- Muscle cramps.
- A cough or shortness of breath.
- Skin dermatitis.
- High blood pressure.
- Feeling of unusual weakness.
- Swollen hands, ankles or legs.
- changes in bone density (bone thinning);
- cataract (haze of eye lens);
- glaucoma (increased eye pressure);
- bruising or thinning of the skin;
- Increased possibility of getting an infection;
- slowing growth rates in children and adolescents;