Sorry, nothing in cart.
Rifagut 400mg (Rifaximin)
|Active Ingredient (Generic Name):||Rifaximin|
|Indication:||Irritable bowel syndrome, Hepatic encephalopathy|
|Manufacturer:||Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd|
|Packaging:||10 tablets in 1 strip|
|Delivery Time:||6 To 15 days|
|10% OFF:||Use Code AM10 @ Checkout page|
About Rifagut 400mg tablet
- Rifagut 400mg is the top prescription for treating irritable bowel syndrome alongside diarrhoea.
- It also cures infectious diarrhoea in kids and adults.
- Doctors prescribe it alone or advise to take with other drugs in combination.
Rifagut 400mg pill Uses
- Rifagut 400mg is of use for curing bacterial infections in the patient’s intestines.
- It helps cure traveler’s diarrhoea too.
- Moreover, it treats irritated bowel syndrome due to some strains of E.coli.
- It is a type of bacteria.
- Besides, this drug works only on bacteria.
- Also, Rifagut 400mg is not a treatment for fungal infections or viral infections.
- This medicine also cures liver conditions that can start certain issues inside the brain.
- However, it cures hepatic encephalopathy.
- Rifagut 400mg is also very useful for treating liver failure.
How do Rifagut 400mg tablets function?
- Rifagut 400mg carries Rifaximin as its active constituent.
- Moreover, Rifaximin works as an antibiotic.
- It acts by suppressing the RNA production of the cells of bacteria.
- Thus Rifagut 400mg brings about the death of these bacterial cells.
- Moreover, Rifagut 400mg aids by stopping the further development of bacteria.
- It does it by causing mortality of the bacterial cells.
The way to use Rifagut 400mg
- You will find Rifagut 400mg usually in tablet form.
- Moreover, a user takes this tablet orally with fresh water.
- Besides, the patient uses it alongside food or without food.
- However, it is better to take it after meals or with food.
- Or you need to eat it as per the physician’s advice.
- Besides, you must down Rifagut 400mg whole in place of chewing or crushing it.
- A user needs to take a complete dose as suggested by their doctor.
- A patient also needs to read the leaflet thoroughly that is in the pack.
- However, users must leave space amid two doses so that to avoid any issues.
Dosage of Rifagut 400mg
- Only your physician can determine your dosage of Rifagut 400mg.
- Moreover, it depends on the age, mental status, weight, and health status of the user.
- Besides, it is necessary to know a patient’s allergic history.
- However, the usual dosage for traveler’s diarrhea is 200mg one tablet three times a day.
- It is for an adult patient.
- Also, the usual dosage for hepatic encephalopathy is 550mg one pill two –times a day.
- It is for an adult patient.
- However, people less than eighteen years cannot take it.
- Doctors do not suggest it for this specific age group because its safety is unsure.
- However, it can be safe to speak to a child specialist before its administration.
- Besides, you need to avoid extended use or dose titration without consulting your GP.
Other Available Dosage:
- A user must try not to miss the dose advised by their GP.
- But, if by chance, you miss it, you must consume it whenever you remember it.
- However, do not use two doses at a time to compensate for the skipped dose.
- It can start the danger of an overdose.
- Moreover, you should avoid taking the missed dose if the time is coming close to your regular dose.
- Possibly you overdose on a pill of Rifagut 400mg.
- This is prone to bring on severe side effects.
- Therefore, the dose of Rifagut 400mg needs careful intake without any mistakes.
- Moreover, you never exceed the suggested dose.
- In the case of an overdose, call your GP immediately.
- Nearly all medications carry with them the threat of reactions.
- So Rifagut 400mg does start side effects.
- Below are the side effects noticed with Rifagut 400mg.
- Pain in the Joints
- Chest pain
- Ulcer and sore throat
- Swelling of ankles
- Black or Tarry stools
- Difficult & painful breathing
- Watery & bloody diarrhoea alongside stomach cramps & fever
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
- Blood in urine
- Excessive air or gas in the stomach
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Muscle and joint pain
- Dry mouth and lips
- Blurred vision
- Unusual fatigue & weakness
- Maybe you consume Rifagut 400mg as an over-the-counter medication.
- Then you need to talk to your pharmacist.
- Moreover, you must know all details of the drug.
- However, a user better goes through its constituents or composition before eating it.
- Besides, patients cannot use it if they have an allergy to Rifagut 400mg.
- Or they are allergic to its recipe.
- You need to talk to your physician beforehand regarding medical history and health conditions.
- Also, Rifagut 400mg is likely to reduce the effectiveness of bacterial vaccines.
- Moreover, Rifagut 400mg can neutralize bacterial vaccines that include the typhoid vaccine.
- Therefore, you must not use any immunizations or vaccinations when you are eating them.
- However, only your doctor can decide.
- Before any dental procedure or surgery, tell your GP about Rifagut use.
- However, pregnant women cannot eat the pill.
- If it is necessary, consult your GP to discuss its pros & cons.
- Moreover, lactating mothers need to eat Rifagut 400mg with caution.
- Besides they require making out its gains and dangers by speaking to GP.
Interactions of Rifagut 400mg
- As you use this drug alongside some medicines it can neutralize effects.
- However, it can reduce & neutralize the effects of other drugs or start unwanted effects.
- Below are some drugs you need to avoid with it:
- Live Cholera Vaccine
- Colitis: You need to use Rifagut with extra care in people fighting colitis. Or you are careful with other gastrointestinal tract issues. Rifagut can deteriorate the illness or condition. Moreover, you need to stop the drug if diarrhoea continues for a longer time.
- Liver diseases: Patients dealing with liver diseases need to take them with more care.